Home » News » Got Innovation on the Brain? Write for MedTech Boston

Got Innovation on the Brain? Write for MedTech Boston

writing

MedTech Boston is looking for contributing writers. If you have a passion for changing the healthcare industry, experience writing for a science-based publication and an interest in innovation, we want to hear from you.

What you’ll do: As a contributing writer, you’ll commit to writing two stories per month for our website. You’ll cover major healthcare events and conferences, interview top innovators in the healthcare industry, and write news stories, features and Q&As.

Who you are: You’re organized and timely with several years of writing experience (internships and school newspapers count). A science background and a knowledge of web writing on deadline are also helpful, and we hope you live in the Boston area (most of our events are here). We also want to work with people who are excited about MedTech Boston’s mission, clued into the Boston startup scene and curious about new trends in healthcare. This is a great opportunity for a recent grad or for someone looking to build their medical writing portfolio.

What you’ll get: While we can’t pay, we offer unparalleled access to the hottest products, companies and ideas in healthcare. Also of note is that we currently employ two contributing writers, and will be adding more writers to our paid staff as we continue to grow.

If you’re interested in working with us, please email our managing editor, Jenni Whalen, at jenni@medtechboston.com. Include two writing samples, a resume and a quick note about your interest.

Help us change the healthcare industry one story at a time.

***

Don’t have time to write two pieces per month? MedTech Boston is always accepting pitches for stories you find interesting – check out our guidelines here. If you have an idea, send it to us along with your resume and a published writing sample. We respond to every email we receive.

Jenni Whalen

Jenni Whalen

Jenni Whalen is the Executive Assistant of Editorial at Upworthy. She was previously MedTech Boston's Managing Editor and has an MS in Journalism from Boston University, as well as a BA in Psychology from Bucknell University. Whalen has written for Greatist, Boston magazine, AZ Central Healthy Living and the New England Journal of Medicine, among other places. She has also worked as a conference planner, ghost writer, researcher and content developer.

Similar posts

Follow us!

Send this to a friend